Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Valentines to My Men

Valentines 2011 for the men in my life, big and small.  I normally do a large dinner and a dessert for the family on Valentines, along with a stuffed animal and candy for each. This year we had to change it up some due to money.  I fixed a good dinner that I new everyone would eat without any complaining and a large cake.  Home made chocolate with rich, chocolate frosting. I added a little texture and flavor with sliced cherries in between the layers and on top for some pretty for me.  It was so rich and creamy.  I have to admit, one little slice was enough for us but we had to have 2! :)  Some friends at church had a birthday on Valentines so since the cake was so big I took a piece to them on Wednesday night.  The report came back on Sunday that it was so yummy and decadent.  I really don't make cakes very often because they are time consuming with the decorating, so when I do, I don't do any major piping or fancy decorating. I just swirl on the frosting and its good enough to eat.  It never last long enough in my house to admire anyway.   I hope to have some time to make up some cupcakes and decorate them so I can post some pictures for you all to see.  I know I will have pictures by Friday of my cake truffles since the plan is to take some samples to our church ladies retreat in Branson.  Stay tuned.

1 comment: