Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Version of Bon Bons

A baked lemon cake-just follow box instructions. I added about 1/3 cup of  lemon juice instead of all water for added flavor.
        After cake cooled, I just crumbeled the cake up and added cream cheese frosting and mixed well.
                          After chilling in fridge, I rolled into small balls.
                         Melted chocolate squares and dipped the balls in.
                                     White chocolate morsals melting
                                Dipping cake balls in white chocolate.
2nd batch of chocolate balls.  I used semi-sweet morsals for these and they turned out much better.
This is half of the finished bon bons.  The white chocolate ones are my favorite.  The cake is moist and full of flavor and very rich.  I am looking forward to letting my church friends try these pretty little treats at the Branson Ladies Retreat.  I hope they give me some good feedback.  I know they will not appeal to all but to those that do like them I know they will give me their opinion and hopefully I will return home with an empty container.  These are very simple to make and would be great in a treat bag for someone special or for an office party or for any special occasion.

2 comments:

  1. YUMMO.....
    I am going to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how they turn out. Dont use all the frosting in the can tho. Start with half a can or half a batch of home made otherwise it turns to mushy and you lose the cake texture. Good Luck and let me know.

    ReplyDelete