Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Recipe-Pecan Nougat Logs


 I made these in 3inch logs but could easily make them shorter to get more out of a batch.  Bite size would be a thought as well.
 Unfortunatley Kadin is still a little to short, but he wanted to get a picture of me chopping pecans.  He was my big helper with the logs.
These are the finished logs. Not the traditional pecan logs that are dipped in caramel(b/c my caramel did not work) but much better if you ask me because they are dipped in chocolate. Yum!

My husband and I had to take a quick trip to Florida a couple of weeks ago with his brother and wife and on the way home through Georgia I found out that they Love Pecan Logs. They had to stop at a little shop and buy some for everyone in their home. I had never tasted one before, so they gave me a sample. Sweet marshmallow in pecans. Jim, Dan's brother, suggested that I should try to make some and see how close I could get to what they fell in love with.  So I did.  As you can tell, they turned out for me.  After they hardened up some, I broke one in half to see if the middle was a soft, delicate, creamy filling like the one I tasted in Georgia. It sure was!  The chocolate gave it a nice crunch and was not overpowering.  I really hope that Jim, Lana and their family enjoy them.  I'm sure they will! 

No comments:

Post a Comment