Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Beginning

I never thought I would be such a blessed woman.  I married 5 1/2 years ago to my best friend and true love Daniel.  He keeps me laughing and makes me fall deeper in love with him everyday as we go through this bumpy roller coaster life of ours. But as long as we are together with our 2 boys, we grow happier and healthier as we walk with our Lord. 
  As I was growing up, I was never really interested in being in the kitchen unless it was to see and smell what my wonderful parents where cooking. Yes, my mom and dad both loved to cook and bake and still do.  I remember my dad always telling me to get in the kitchen with him so he could show me how to do things so I could please my husband when I got married. "No way dad, its boaring and takes to long" and I'm not moving out any time soon.  Well, long story short, I had to teach myself how to do everythiing, with many phone calls to my parents along the way. How to cut up a whole chicken, when do I know when certain meat is done and edible and it won't kill me and my family? :)  Needless to say, it was a little rough at the beginning but with patience and a great husband that understood and critiqued me in a loving manner, I have gone from being scared and ignorant in the kitchen to missing it if I'm not busy playing in it.  I just love that it de-stresses me, and smells up my house with lovely aromas, most of the time. Yes, none of us are perfect so I still have moments that something just does not turn out right.  I tend to run out of counter space at times because of the mess I make or b/c I have so many things out at once, but at the end of the day and dinner is on the table or goodies are done, my famiy has a smile on their face and a full tummy and saying "Thanks mom, your the best cook ever."  And that is truely a blessing to me. 
So I pray that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and you have fun in the kitchen and you and yours have full bellies and a healthy love for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment