Wednesday, November 24, 2010

2nd Place Pecan Pie

This is our Thanksgiving pecan pie.  I entered this pie receipe and my cinnamon rolls and dinner rolls in the 2009 Ozark Empire Fair for the first time as a contestant and took 2nd for my pie, 1st for my cinnamon rolls and 3rd for the dinner rolls.  It was a great experience to be running against soo  many great experienced ladies that do nothing but practice their pies and goodie making.  Even tho pecan pie is very simple to make, it can be a little difficult to judge when it is done.  You do not want an overly done pie because the pecans will begin to burn and the taste will be altered, but you can't take it out too early or it will be too jiggly and runny when you slice.  But I was told at the competition that the crust is the key factor for pies and that is truly the part that I do best and could probably do with my eyes shut.  I have a great receipe that I always use and never alter it b/c I have such a great response from it.  Light and flacky, and not tough at all.  It is all I can do to keep my husband away from this pie and any other pie at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment