Friday, December 10, 2010

Cookie Time








Oh the aroma of Christmas spices filling the house.  You just can't beat it.  The boys and I made gingerbread cookies today and man what fun they had decorating them any way they wanted.  They are such good helpers, especially whey  they know they get to eat what they have created!  We had a lot of fun making all these cookies.  We ended up with 40 cookies out of the receipe.  Wow!  They each gave out after decorating about 6 a piece.  They are great little artists thats for sure, but the most fun part of it all is of course the sampling of the goodies, right?!  Well, James and Kadin just couldn't take it any longer. Kadin was sucking the icing out of the bag on his 3rd or 4th one and finished up his 6th with icing all the way up to his elbow and chomping the head of his gingerbread man.  James kept a little neater but got to where he was dumping as much icing as he could on one cookie knowing it was going to be the one he ate!  Lol  I couldn't help but giggle at them.  The wonderful smell was getting to me as well, so I got a little sloppy with one of mine also just to say that I had to eat it.  :)  My icing made with powdered sugar and orange juice and vanilla turned out very well.  Not overpowering or too sweet.  Needless to say, that out of 40 cookies, I think we have about 30 left and daddy hasn't had time to get into them yet.  I really enjoyed the time that the boys and I have had in the kitchen so far and I have many more ideas for them to help me with in the upcoming days before New Years. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like found and sounds delish.....I love this blog! You are so talented!! Wish I could eat your cooking! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Thanks Brandy. IT is what I love and yes, I wish we could share some time in the kitchen. It would be a blast! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...the pictures of the boys are soooo cute! You are so talented! I can't wait to read all your other posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thanks Bethany. I have enjoyed reading yours as well and I dont think of myself as talented. I just love being in the kitchen baking. =)

    ReplyDelete